Enstrom Helicopter Corporation is pleased to announce they have received a signed contract from the Venezuela Ministry of Defense for 16 training helicopters.
The aircraft will be delivered within the next 18 months and will be used for training by the Venezuelan Air Force and Navy. The contract includes 16 standard model 480B helicopters as well as spare parts and tools, pilot and mechanic training, and in-country technical assistance during the life of the contract. With its solid customer support system and newly expanded facility, Enstrom is ready to meet the challenge.
“We are very excited about this opportunity to provide training helicopters for Venezuela,” said Jerry Mullins, Enstrom CEO. “This is their first helicopter purchase from a U.S. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in more than ten years. We are pleased that the 480B was selected for this training mission.”
Venezuela and Enstrom have a positive history together. The Venezuelan National Guard operates Enstrom helicopters purchased in the 1970s; they expanded their fleet in 2001.
Contract negotiations were coordinated through Helinautica, C.A., which represents Enstrom in Venezuela. Owner of Helinautica, Guillermo Basalo Sucre, was pleased with the final contract. “It’s no surprise that we went with Enstrom, considering the positive experience we’ve had with them,” said Guillermo Basalo, “Excellent product support was a key factor in selecting Enstrom again.”
“All parties are pleased with the final result,” said Orlando Alaniz, Enstrom’s Director of Sales and Marketing. “It was a privilege to work with the Helinautica team and the fine organization at VEXIMCA, the contracting agency for the Venezuela government.”
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation designs, fabricates, assembles, and tests a full line of light single helicopters for sale and delivery to customers in the global market. They are used for training, executive transport, and commercial operations. Enstrom is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chongqing Helicopter Investment Group (CQHIC) and is located in Menominee, Michigan. For more information on Enstrom, visit www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation
- Czech Republic – DSA adds Enstrom 480 to fleet
- Glass Panel Display STC for Enstrom Helicopters Nears Final Approval