Waypoint Leasing, a leading global helicopter leasing company, and Turbomeca (Safran), a leading helicopter engine manufacturer, signed a Framework Agreement today at Heli-Expo under which Turbomeca will provide engine support services to Waypoint Leasing’s current and future customer base, including operators using Turbomeca’s Makila 2A and 2A1 engines and Arriel 1S1 and 2S2 engines.
The companies will leverage Turbomeca’s international network of 15 support sites and numerous affiliate maintenance centers to direct this global support program and maximize the engines’ operational activity. A designated Service Engineer and Customer Support Manager at Turbomeca USA will be responsible for coordinating with Field Representatives worldwide to monitor the engines and provide recommendations to operators to improve engine reliability and performance.
Olivier Andriès, Chairman and CEO of Turbomeca, said, “We are excited to partner with Waypoint and help add value to its growing base of helicopter operators worldwide. Waypoint’s customers that use our Makila and Arriel engines will experience unparalleled customer service and improved long-term performance.”
Ed Washecka, CEO of Waypoint Leasing, added, “Turbomeca engines are among the best and most reliable on the market. With today’s agreement, our customers that are operating aircraft with Turbomeca’s engines will benefit from premium service and maintenance at their fingertips no matter where they are located across the globe. As former operators ourselves, we look forward to working closely with Turbomeca to anticipate the needs of our customers and address them promptly.”
Waypoint Leasing is a global helicopter leasing company that provides operating lease and financing solutions to helicopter operators worldwide. Headquartered in Limerick, Ireland, and with operations in Darien, CT, Waypoint Leasing differentiates itself with a senior management team that has direct helicopter operating and leasing experience in key helicopter markets around the world, having leased helicopters across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and North and South America. Waypoint Leasing serves a wide range of sectors including oil and gas, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting and governmental support.
Further information is available at www.waypointleasing.com
Turbomeca (Safran) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced 70,000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,500 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 30 proximity maintenance centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center