Two major Waypoint Leasing orders with Airbus Helicopters were announced today as the global helicopter lessor intends to acquire 37 EC225 and EC145 T2 rotorcraft.
These key transactions, Waypoint’s first deliveries in 2014, were detailed at the 2014 Heli-Expo industry convention in Anaheim, California, where Airbus Helicopters President Guillaume Faury and Waypoint Leasing CEO Ed Washecka jointly announced the bookings.
With deliveries planned through 2017, Waypoint Leasing will further expand its portfolio of Airbus Helicopters rotorcraft – which already includes two EC225s purchased last year for offshore operations in Australia through sale and leasebacks with oil and gas operator Bond Helicopters Australia.
“Today’s agreement with Airbus Helicopters significantly expands our fleet and brings real advantages to some of the world’s leading operators that rely on our services,” Washecka explained. “Our relationship with Airbus Helicopters will allow us to provide our customers with a wider range of aircraft to better meet their needs and accomplish their missions prudently and efficiently.”
The latest orders follow a framework agreement signed last year that enables Waypoint Leasing to propose cost-effective solutions through commercial and marketing resources coordinated with Airbus Helicopters – including the full benefits of Airbus Helicopters’ comprehensive Parts-by-the-Hour (PBH) support services.
“We are taking our relationship to new heights today with major orders that are tailor-made for Waypoint Leasing’s requirements,” Faury said. “This further underscores the value of leasing when helicopter manufacturers and leasing companies work together to ensure heli-lift capacity is aligned with market demand.”
Waypoint Leasing’s EC145 T2s will be powered by Turbomeca Arriel 2E engines, and delivered in a versatile configuration to address multiple markets – primarily offshore missions and emergency medical services. These powerful multi-role helicopters are the latest evolution of Airbus Helicopters’ twin-engine EC145 family, combining the company’s advanced technologies that include an advanced cockpit design and modern Helionix avionics, four-axis autopilot and the Fenestron® shrouded tail rotor.
The EC225 is a high-performance, heavy twin-engine helicopter in the 10-11 metric ton category. As the newest version from the Super Puma family, it incorporates modern technologies. With a seating capacity of 19 passengers, the EC225 is recognized as the reference for offshore and passenger transport missions, as well as search and rescue (SAR) operations. Its high useful load and five-blade main rotor, together with low vibration levels, make this aircraft an efficient solution for oil and gas missions and business aviation transportation.
About Waypoint (www.waypointleasing.com)
Waypoint is a global helicopter lessor providing aircraft and financing solutions to helicopter operators around the world. Headquartered in Limerick, Ireland, and with operations in Darien, CT, Waypoint partners with helicopter operators across a wide range of sectors, including oil and gas, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting and governmental support.
About Airbus Helicopters (www.airbushelicopters.com)
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries, and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan