Turbomeca (Safran) announces the conclusion of a major support contract with ADAC Luftfahrt Technik GmbH. A new ten-year Support By the Hour (SBH®) contract covers 28 Arriel 2E engines powering fourteen EC 145T2 operated by ADAC Luftrettung GmbH.
ADAC Luftfahrt Technik GmbH is located near Bonn, Germany and performs airframe and engine maintenance for operators in Europe including ADAC, ANWB and Luxembourg Air Rescue.
ADAC Luftrettung GmbH, a subsidiary of the German Automobile Club ADAC, operates 49 emergency rescue and medical helicopters from 35 stations in Germany. It also flies from stations in Austria and at Groningen in The Netherlands. Each year, the ‘yellow angel’ service completes more than 47,000 often life-saving missions.
At Heli-Expo Turbomeca celebrates 40 million flying hours logged by Arriel engines. The milestone is further proof of the exceptional reliability offered by this family of turboshafts: since 1977, over 11,000 engines of the type have been produced. Many of the 40 million hours have been flown during operations in extreme conditions on 40 different types of helicopter.
Turbomeca (Safran) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced 70,000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,500 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 30 proximity maintenance centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
For more information: www.turbomeca.com and www.safran-group.com.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center