Malaysian based Weststar Aviation continues their international expansion with a direct interest in operations just starting in Morroco. This country represents their third country and the first outside their Far East home region.
Weststar Aviation are providing technical assistance to Heliconia Aero Solutions who are operating two AW139s on their Moroccan AOC with each party supplying one aircraft. The aircraft have been leased from AgustaWestland, with one either bought back or leased in from CHC and being flown in their basic colours. The second aircraft has more recently been in the manufacturer’s training fleet. Both are operating on the French register.
The two helicopters are based at Agadir, and operating for Kosmos Energy. Weststar declined to state in an email response to HeliHub.com how long the contract was for. Kosmos has extensive drilling rights of approximately 22,000 square miles in the Atlantic off Morocco.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- AW139 will be Colombia’s new Presidential helicopter
- Wiking takes delivery of latest AW139
- TAI marks composite landmarks, including AW139 production
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia