Belfort Instrument Company, one of the country’s oldest meteorological sensor and meteorological system manufacturers, has received an order from LifeFlight of Maine for four additional Belfort AWOS AV units. This order was announced at the 2014 Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California today.
“When these four additional Belfort AWOS units are installed, Maine will have a network of 17 Belfort systems”, this according to Ralph F. Petragnani, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Belfort Instrument Company, he continues; “ we are extremely pleased that LifeFlight of Maine and the Maine DOT continues to have confidence in the Belfort AWOS product”. The Belfort Automated Weather Observation System (AWOS AV) will provide the LifeFlight AeroMedical service with Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Wind Gusts, Temperature, Humidity, Dewpoint, Altimeter Setting, Density Altitude, Visibility, and Cloud Height. The new AWOS system locations will be announced by Thomas P. Judge, Executive Director for LifeFlight of Maine. All of the current, and future AWOS, disseminate the current weather via VHF broadcast, telephone, as well as over the internet.
“The new Belfort AWOS order is our continuing effort to provide emergency medical access to the entire State of Maine by reporting real time weather conditions throughout the State enhancing EMS flight operations.”, this according to Mr. Judge, he continues, “This total package provides total weather reporting in support of safer flight operations day and night.”
Belfort Instrument is located at Booth 5914 at HELI-EXPO.
Belfort Instrument Company has been a leading provider of weather instruments to government, professional meteorology and aviation markets for over 130 years. Detailed information can be found at www.belfortinstrument.com.
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes