Belfort Instrument Company, one of the country’s oldest meteorological sensor and meteorological system manufacturers, has received an order from LifeFlight of Maine for four additional Belfort AWOS AV units. This order was announced at the 2014 Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California today.
“When these four additional Belfort AWOS units are installed, Maine will have a network of 17 Belfort systems”, this according to Ralph F. Petragnani, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Belfort Instrument Company, he continues; “ we are extremely pleased that LifeFlight of Maine and the Maine DOT continues to have confidence in the Belfort AWOS product”. The Belfort Automated Weather Observation System (AWOS AV) will provide the LifeFlight AeroMedical service with Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Wind Gusts, Temperature, Humidity, Dewpoint, Altimeter Setting, Density Altitude, Visibility, and Cloud Height. The new AWOS system locations will be announced by Thomas P. Judge, Executive Director for LifeFlight of Maine. All of the current, and future AWOS, disseminate the current weather via VHF broadcast, telephone, as well as over the internet.
“The new Belfort AWOS order is our continuing effort to provide emergency medical access to the entire State of Maine by reporting real time weather conditions throughout the State enhancing EMS flight operations.”, this according to Mr. Judge, he continues, “This total package provides total weather reporting in support of safer flight operations day and night.”
Belfort Instrument is located at Booth 5914 at HELI-EXPO.
Belfort Instrument Company has been a leading provider of weather instruments to government, professional meteorology and aviation markets for over 130 years. Detailed information can be found at www.belfortinstrument.com.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model