Aspen Avionics, manufacturer of the innovative Evolution Flight Display system, announced today that all new Aspen EFD1000 PFD purchasers will have the opportunity to use Aspen’s Evolution Synthetic Vision (ESV) for free during their first 10-inflight PFD hours.
“We think aircraft owners will appreciate test flying Aspen’s Evolution ESV prior to purchasing it,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president sales and customer support, Aspen Avionics. “Once they experience the enhanced situational awareness ESV provides, we believe aircraft owners will want to keep it.”
ESV is an optional software upgrade to the Evolution Flight Display System and presents a real-time, computer-generated, three-dimensional view of terrain, obstacles, and traffic. The synthetic terrain rendering on the PFD simulates the view from the cockpit on a bright day, so it’s especially helpful in providing enhanced situational awareness when flying during conditions of reduced visibility.
ESV comes standard with an integrated terrain warning system that combines terrain and flight path marker coloring, caution and warning test, and an audio warning alert when terrain or obstacle collision is imminent.
Once flight hours exceed 10 hours of usage, the next time the unit is powered on the ESV will self-disable. To reinstate ESV, the option must be purchased. Pricing for the ESV option is for the EFD1000 Pro is $2995. More information about Aspen’s Evolution Synthetic Vision can be found here.
About Aspen Avionics, Inc.
A new way to look at avionics.™
Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced technology and capability from the commercial and business aviation markets into general aviation cockpits—and budgets. Our products increase situational awareness and reduce pilot workload, making it easier and safer to fly in both VFR and IFR conditions. The way we look at it, getting the latest avionics technology shouldn’t always mean spending a lot of money—on equipment or installation. At Aspen Avionics, we design products to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own. The company can be found online at www.aspenavionics.com, and may be reached at (505) 856-5034.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent