Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced Helisul Air Taxi ordered a new Bell 429 and also signed purchase agreements for three new Bell 505 Jet Ranger X aircraft at Heli-Expo 2014, further adding to the company’s growing fleet. This was part of the nearly 200 total agreements announced at the end of the show.
“The Bell 429, in addition to its comfort and state-of-the-art technology, provides the capability of multi-mission operations associated with a low operational cost,” said Helisul President Eloy Biesuz. “These features align very well with our operational needs.”
Based in Foz do Iguaçu, Helisul Air Taxi is the largest air taxi company in Brazil and one of the largest in the world. Featuring a fleet of nearly 50 aircraft, Helisul flies multiple missions, including tourism and VIP.
“The Bell 429 is an incomparable aircraft, featuring a glass cockpit, luxury seating and superior speed and performance,” said Jay Ortiz, Bell Helicopter’s managing director of Latin America commercial business. “We are excited Helisul can now provide customers with a smooth, quiet ride in the one of the most spacious and luxurious cabins available. We also look forward to them being one of the first companies to begin operating the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X in the near future.”
The Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, delivering exceptional speed, range and hover performance, as well as comfort and cost management unmatched by any other aircraft in its category. It is highly configurable and delivers a range of 380 miles and cruise speed of 153 knots, making it the ideal choice for multi-mission needs. It is approved for an increased gross weight of 7,500 pounds in 18 countries, including Brazil.
The Bell 429 also offers exceptional flight performance with a fully integrated glass cockpit, advanced drive system and best-in-class WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. The Bell 429 is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operators.
The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X is a five-seat, single-engine, turbine helicopter leveraging Bell Helicopter’s proven technology and nearly half a century of experience defining the SLS market with the original Bell JetRanger. With a cruise speed of 125 knots, range of 360 nautical miles and useful load of 1,500 pounds, the Bell 505 is designed to be the safest and easiest aircraft to fly in its category while still remaining affordably priced. It is a multi-mission helicopter, designed to meet a wide variety of missions with its fully flat floor, increased cabin volume and clam shell doors that will provide customers the configuration flexibility needed in today’s market. It can support a wide variety of operations categories, including the utility segment, corporate and private owners, and training schools. Customers can visit http://www.bell505.com to select specific models and see pricing options before ordering their aircraft directly online.
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery