FreeFlight Systems announced today FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for a 1090ES ADS-B Out solution for all Sikorsky S-76A/B/C model helicopters. Developed with Peregrine Avionics and DAC International, the STC enables rapid and highly cost-effective installation of a fully rule-compliant ADS-B Out system in S-76 rotorcraft.
Comprising a high-integrity GPS WAAS position source and an ADS-B rule-compliant Mode S transponder, the STC broadens the availability of both 1090ES and 978 MHz Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) FreeFlight Systems ADS-B solutions. FreeFlight Systems developed the first-ever STC for any aircraft on Agusta-Westland AW139 helicopters and previously collaborated on an STC for S-76 C+/C++ rotorcraft.
The 12-passenger, twin turbine-engine Sikorsky S-76 is a workhorse aircraft with more than 750 civilian variants produced. It is widely used for transporting workers to offshore oil production facilities in the Gulf of Mexico and is operated by airlines, corporations, emergency medical services and government organizations worldwide.
The STC kit is available in the U.S. from FreeFlight Systems and from DAC International in other markets worldwide.
“The S-76 STC developed with Peregrine And DAC International is among the most readily deployed and cost-effective ADS-B Out solutions available for helicopters,” said Tim Taylor, CEO of FreeFlight Systems. “It showcases how easily and affordably our systems can be integrated as well as our continued leadership in advancing ADS-B solutions to such a wide range of aircraft and markets worldwide.”
About FreeFlight Systems
FreeFlight Systems designs and manufactures high-performance avionics for flight safety and for delivering substantial safety, cost, environmental and other benefits from the NextGen airspace transformation. Founded in 2001 and based in Texas, the company pioneered the first certified aviation WAAS GPS receiver and the first rule-compliant UAT ADS-B system. FreeFlight Systems produces a range of high quality, American-made, competitively priced systems for installation in all aircraft types. For more information, please visitwww.freeflightsystems.com
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver