Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its Seattle television station, KOMO (ABC), expressed its deepest condolences for the victims and family members of the news helicopter that crashed inSeattle, WA this morning. The helicopter, owned by Helicopter, Inc., is leased jointly by Sinclair’s television station, KOMO, and Gannett’s television station, KING.
“We are deeply saddened by this tragedy,” commented Janene Drafs, General Manager of KOMO. “The pilot and the photographer who lost their lives were like family to us, here at the station. We are grieving for them, their families and the on-ground victims who were injured in this horrific event. We have arranged for grief counselors for our employees. We also want to thank the first responders, city officials and other in-market television stations that reached out to offer emotional and news support during this time.”
Given this is a current investigation by both the NTSB and FAA, more information will be released as it becomes available.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television station operators in the country. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at www.sbgi.net.
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase