DynCorp International (DI) today announced the expansion of its international aerial firefighting offering through a new strategic alliance with The Coulson Group of British Columbia, Canada.
“In spots around the world, every day, DynCorp International’s aerial firefighting teams are saving lives and land,” said Jim Myles, senior vice president, DynAviation, DI’s aviation business Group. “It’s incredibly important work and we’re pleased to be able to enhance our already superior services through this strategic alliance with a world class partner in The Coulson Group.”
The alliance combines the complementary talents and resources of these two industry leaders, creating the preeminent global aerial firefighting team capable of providing Type One Air Tanker and Helicopter service, and 24-hour operations.
“Coulson Aviation is looking forward to its alliance with DynCorp International,” said Wayne Coulson, president and chief executive officer, The Coulson Group of Companies. “Together we will transform the aerial firefighting market, offering a turnkey, 24-hour a day solution that includes design, development, manufacture, modification, certification, maintenance and operation of aircraft to combat wild land fires worldwide.”
DynAviation provides full-spectrum aerospace, aviation and air operations solutions worldwide, including a 20-year history of providing aerial firefighting, from the United States to Australia. The company supports critical military and commercial aviation needs globally with end-to-end professional services and technical support. From rapid-response field assignments to long-term engagements, DI’s aviation roots date back 70 years, today providing the world’s most comprehensive array of integrated aviation solutions to ensure customers’ success.
Together, both companies bring unparalleled experience and industry-specific best practices, performance success and technological innovation to aerial firefighting.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on more than six decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.
About The Coulson Group
Since its inception over 30 years ago, the Coulson fleet of commercial aircraft has flown in excess of 117,000 accident free flight hours. Coulson Aviation firms operate a commercial aviation fleet consisting of: a Sikorsky S-76B Command and Control helicopter, five Sikorsky S-61N Multi-Purpose helicopters, and the only Multi-Purpose C-130Q Hercules in the USFS Next Gen Air Tanker program. We are very proud of the newly designed Coulson RADS-XL Tank which is the only FAA-Approved, Commercially Certified C-130 Tanking System in the World. Coulson’s commitment to excellence and accountability in aerial fire-fighting is well known and ground-breaking.
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet