The capabilities of Airbus Helicopters‟ rotorcraft to meet land- and sea-based mission requirements of Middle East military forces will be underscored in the company‟s presence at next week‟s Doha International Defence Exhibition & Conference (DIMDEX).
“With 30-plus years of partnership in the Middle East and more than 600 rotorcraft in service, Airbus Helicopters is fully committed to supporting this region‟s evolving defense and government mission needs,” said Olivier Lambert, the Senior Vice President for Sales and Customer Relations. “At DIMDEX, we showcase our new identity and key priorities: customer satisfaction, quality, safety and competitiveness which build on the Airbus brand‟s excellence.”
To be displayed in scale model form at the 25-27 March event are the multi-role NH90 and the multi-purpose AS565 Panther. The newly rebranded company will be exhibiting with its parent Airbus Group – the global leader in aerospace, defense and related services – on DIMDEX exhibit stand # H4-40.
The multi-mission NH90 to be spotlighted at DIMDEX is well suited to the Middle East and Persian Gulf‟s operational requirements in its proven Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) and NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH) versions.
Primary NH90 TTH missions are troop transport of up to 20 fully equipped troops, logistics and utility transport with internal and external loads, medical evacuation, as well as search and rescue (SAR). The NH90 NFH‟s applications range from anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare to SAR, maritime surveillance and control, logistics transport and utility support, special operations and vertical replenishment.
Produced in the Airbus Helicopters-led NHIndustries consortium, the NH90 helicopter has been successfully utilized for rescue, transport and surveillance by various military services – including challenging rescues by the French Navy, and the Netherlands‟ deployment to the Horn of Africa in support of the European Union‟s Atalanta naval operation.
The NH90 is in full-scale production, with a total 184 delivered to date – including 43 during 2013. A total of 14 customers have ordered the helicopter: Australia, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, the Sultanate of Oman, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. Oman„s NH90 is equipped with an enhanced powerplant adapted to the extreme conditions of the Middle East.
The AS565 Panther is the military version of Airbus Helicopters‟ medium-weight AS365 Dauphin multi-purpose rotorcraft, which is operated by the United Arab Emirates Air Force, Royal Saudi Navy, the Royal Moroccan Navy, Brazilian Army and other military services. Its duties range from attack and anti-tank missions to naval search and rescue, anti-submarine warfare and maritime patrol.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world‟s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company‟s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters‟ international presence is marked by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries, and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters‟ range of civil and military helicopters is the world‟s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company‟s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces
- Royal Netherlands Air Force sends replacement NH90 to Curacao
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use