Haynes Ambulance has partnered with Metro Aviation to introduce an air ambulance helicopter to their fleet. Haynes Ambulance, headquartered in Wetumpka, AL, has contracted with Metro for the completion and operation of an AS350.
“We are excited to expand our ambulance services to now include air transport. There is certainly a need for an air medical provider in our service area and we have stepped up to the plate to fill that void,” said Kirk Barrett, Haynes Ambulance Chief Operations Officer. “We will now be able to provide a higher level of medical care and faster transportation for the critically ill patients in our region. Providing the best patient care possible is the foundation of Haynes Ambulance and this will allow us to take that to the next level.”
The AS350 is a single engine aircraft with fast cruise speeds and a high endurance. Metro completed nine AS350’s in 2013.
“Metro Aviation is looking forward to assisting Haynes in getting this new service off the ground,” said Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz. “The AS350 will be a great addition to their services, and we are honored to work with a company that shares a long, rich history.”
Haynes Ambulance of Alabama has provided quality emergency medical ground transportation since 1977. With nine locations throughout Montgomery, Elmore, Pike and neighboring counties, Haynes is the largest locally owned ambulance service in Central Alabama. Barrett says Metro was chosen for their standards, record and reputation.
“We have partnered with Metro Aviation to provide the aviation aspects of our new service. Their standards and safety record are simply the best in the industry,” said Barrett. “With Metro’s extensive history in aviation coupled with Haynes’ vast knowledge of EMS, we will be able to provide a revolutionary lifesaving service for the citizens of Central Alabama.”
Haynes Life Flight will begin service on June 15, 2014 and is expected to create fifteen new jobs in the area. For employment information, visit haynes-ambulance.com.
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland