Haynes Ambulance has partnered with Metro Aviation to introduce an air ambulance helicopter to their fleet. Haynes Ambulance, headquartered in Wetumpka, AL, has contracted with Metro for the completion and operation of an AS350.
“We are excited to expand our ambulance services to now include air transport. There is certainly a need for an air medical provider in our service area and we have stepped up to the plate to fill that void,” said Kirk Barrett, Haynes Ambulance Chief Operations Officer. “We will now be able to provide a higher level of medical care and faster transportation for the critically ill patients in our region. Providing the best patient care possible is the foundation of Haynes Ambulance and this will allow us to take that to the next level.”
The AS350 is a single engine aircraft with fast cruise speeds and a high endurance. Metro completed nine AS350’s in 2013.
“Metro Aviation is looking forward to assisting Haynes in getting this new service off the ground,” said Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz. “The AS350 will be a great addition to their services, and we are honored to work with a company that shares a long, rich history.”
Haynes Ambulance of Alabama has provided quality emergency medical ground transportation since 1977. With nine locations throughout Montgomery, Elmore, Pike and neighboring counties, Haynes is the largest locally owned ambulance service in Central Alabama. Barrett says Metro was chosen for their standards, record and reputation.
“We have partnered with Metro Aviation to provide the aviation aspects of our new service. Their standards and safety record are simply the best in the industry,” said Barrett. “With Metro’s extensive history in aviation coupled with Haynes’ vast knowledge of EMS, we will be able to provide a revolutionary lifesaving service for the citizens of Central Alabama.”
Haynes Life Flight will begin service on June 15, 2014 and is expected to create fifteen new jobs in the area. For employment information, visit haynes-ambulance.com.
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit