The Chilean Army, Ejército de Chile, took delivery of the world’s first Cougar AS532 ALe on Tuesday, March 25 at the FIDAE International Air and Space Fair in Santiago, Chile. This new aircraft is the latest member of the Cougar family and features the same four-axis autopilot and glass cockpit as the EC225. It is the ninth Cougar helicopter to be delivered to the Ejército de Chile.
“This is an important day for Chilean aviation. We are very proud to be the first operator of this new version of the Cougar,” said General Sergio Retamal, aviation commander for the Ejército de Chile. “The Lamas we once flew were replaced by Pumas and now Cougars. Thanks to these aircraft, we are a reliable ally for rescue operations and natural disaster response, among other missions.”
Airbus Helicopters’ participation at FIDAE includes a diverse selection of rotorcraft representing the company’s leading presence in the region. On display are the single-engine AS350 B3 Ecureuil for utility missions, tourism and filming; the EC120 and the EC130 T2; the EC145 for public security and disaster relief missions; the Dauphin family’s EC155 B1 for private aviation; and the AS532 ALe version of the workhorse Super Puma family.
Airbus Helicopters is the only manufacturer that can fulfill all of Latin America’s operational requirements—from lightweight to heavy-lift—and unique flying conditions—from hot jungle environments to the Andes’ high altitudes. The company became established in the region around 40 years ago, with three subsidiaries today in Chile, Brazil and Mexico.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Airbus AS332 EC225 – Proposed AD 20-140 – Placards and Markings
- 28-Aug-20 JA332T Airbus AS332L1 Nagaoka, Japan
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand