With the presentation of the first prototype of the SKYe SH09 at the 2014 Heli Expo, Marenco Swisshelicopter confirms the great interest from operators and positive response from the worldwide helicopter market.
A total of 11x additional letters of intent were signed in the time-frame of the Heli Expo, which places the company’s book-order at a level of 59x aircraft for deliveries ranging from 2015 to 2017.
The prototype attracted crowds to the booth and was acclaimed by visitors, prospects and the launch customers.
Mathias Senes, Chief Commercial Officer, points-out that with the great efficiency and efforts of the HAI team, the Heli Expo has become the moment for our industry with guests coming from all over the world: “The show was the occasion to present the latest news in the development of the SKYe SH09. All found it essential that Marenco Swisshelicopter was able to demonstrate the progresses made and the presence of the first assembled prototype made this explicit”.
MSH also found that the show was a timely opportunity to motivate the commercial and service network with the valued presence of Heliflite Pty Ltd for Oceania and Aero Facility Co., Ltd. for Japan. It was, in addition, a good time to evaluate new dynamic candidates in the USA, in South America or in Central America such as Aviflex SA, our launch client in Guatemala.
The test-program was disrupted by this transatlantic trip but the aircraft is now back in Switzerland pursuing its test plans with the target to reach flight in the coming weeks.
Keep your eyes on the SKYe.
About the SKYe SH09 helicopter:
With a Maximum Take-Off Weight of 2,650 kg (5,842 lbs) the SKYe SH09 helicopter offers exceptional hot and high performance, a flexible engine concept and a low noise signature thanks to the newly developed dynamic assemblies and shrouded tail-rotor.
The modularity of the cabin makes the most of the flat floor and the unique high ceiling concept, offering multiple seating arrangements of 1 Pilot + up to 7 passengers, all with individual crashworthy seats. The rear access to the cabin is facilitated by the large clamshell doors; addressing the passenger transport and emergency evacuation roles of the helicopter.
With a fast cruise speed of 260 km/h (140 knots) it will also offer very long range – in excess of 800km (430 nautical miles) with standard fuel tanks. SKYe SH09 is of particular interest to operators who wish to avail of a remarkably versatile machine with additional power, greater payload capacity, and an augmented sling load capability of 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs).
About Marenco Swisshelicopter (MSH):
The Marenco Swisshelicopter Company is the result of combining the engineering expertise of Marenco Ltd. and a team of highly qualified helicopter specialists, pilots and aviation experts. Marenco Swisshelicopter Ltd. was founded in 2007 for the direct purpose of developing, building and commercializing new concepts of light turbine helicopters. With this industrial visionary concept, Marenco Swisshelicopter developed a new generation of helicopter built with a design that concentrates on the key notion of competitive superiority, modularity, advanced ergonomics and with the integration of the best choice of materials.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center