Vector Aerospace UK (Vector – www.vectoraerospace.com), a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services recently supported the characterisation trials of the Radar Warning Receiver on the Puma Mk 2 at its Fleetlands site in Gosport, Hampshire.
Working alongside Airbus Helicopters and the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD), the company hosted two separate weeks of trials which constitute part of the new integrated defensive aids suite fitted as part of the Puma Life Extension Programme currently being carried out across the RAF Puma fleet.
“This shows how our working relationship with major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and the UK MoD continues to expand”, said Vector Aerospace UK’s Operations Director Ross Powlesland. “The variety of rotary wing platforms we can support continues to grow in both the military and civil sectors; having the heliport on site enables us to offer a fly-in, fly-out facility to our diverse customer base”.
“During the trials we offered our full flight test capability and specialised storage facilities to ensure that the potential of this new integrated defensive aids suite could be rigorously examined”, said Michael Tyrrell, Managing Director for Vector Aerospace UK. “Naturally we were delighted to be involved in such a cutting edge programme and the experience has further developed our strong working relationships with both Airbus Helicopters and the MOD”.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, and Kenya Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- RAF passes 10,000 hours on upgraded Pumas
- 11-Oct-15 XW229 Airbus SA330 Kabul, Afghanistan (5F)
- Selex ES to update UK RAF Puma electronic warfare capability
- 18-Jul-15 1209 TP-1 Oryx Goma, DRCongo
- 12-May-15 EI-SAI Airbus SA330J Pristina, Kosovo
- Upgraded RAF Puma – first NATO mission deployment
- 21-Nov IAR330 Puma Malancrav, Romania (9F)
- RAF begins training on the Puma Mk2
- Thales helps Romanian Navy expand Puma ASW capability
- Tanzania Approves Starlite’s Air Service Licence
- RAF awards Eurocopter UK three year Puma Mk2 fleet support contract
- GKN Aerospace to upgrade UK RAF Puma fuel tanks
- 07-Mar-13 Eurocopter/IAR SA330L Bacau, Romania (2F)
- Heli-One signs 13-year contract to service RAF Puma engines
- UK military awards CAE two simulator contracts
- Engineering success at RAF Odiham
- Eurocopter hands over first Puma Mk2 to UK military
- RAF Pumas arrive at Territorial Army Centre for Olympics role
- Major milestone achieved on Eurocopterâ€™s Puma Mk2 upgrade program for RAF
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations