Leading international aviation fuel supplier, Air BP, today (April 4th) inaugurated its brand new fuel farm at Den Helder Airport (DHR) in the Netherlands – home to one of the largest offshore heliports in north-west Europe. The fuel farm installed by Air BP represents an investment of around €1 million and follows Air BP’s take-over of fuel operations at the airport in September 2012. The facility will provide a fit for purpose fuel farm serving core business customers including CHC Helicopters Netherlands, NHV, HeliHolland and DanCopter as they transport offshore personnel to and from oil and gas producing platforms in the North Sea.
The new 10-month build which was completed in February, involved moving and expanding the existing fuel farm – a project which required considerable technical expertise, project management skill and teamwork on Air BP’s behalf. Air BP secured the new fuel operations business at Den Helder based on its ability to offer a full package of technical expertise including project management, equipment maintenance and services to support the airport’s future expansion plans. In addition to the increase in fuelling facilities required to support a further four helipads, Den Helder Airport also plans to develop its charter and airline business to serve offshore destinations such as Aberdeen and Esbjerg. Air BP’s new fuel operation at Den Helder is set to significantly increase its General Aviation (GA) business in the Netherlands and further optimize its logistics in the area.
Speaking to assembled customers, partners and industry guests at Den Helder Airport, Air BP Chief Executive Officer, David Gilmour said: “We are delighted to complete the new fuel farm at Den Helder which represents a significant investment for Air BP in the Netherlands and demonstrates our wide ranging technical capabilities. It is our intention to continue to grow in this market through our dedicated local team and building on our technical and operational strengths.”
He thanked Den Helder Airport, CHC Helicopters Netherlands and contractor, Mokobouw for their dedicated cooperation and teamwork in the accomplishment of this project.
Photo: Left to right – David Gilmour, Air BP CEO with Conny van den Hoff, Director Den Helder Airport
About Air BP
Air BP is one of the world’s largest suppliers of aviation fuels and currently supplies over 7 and a half billion gallons to its customers across the globe each year.
Through its direct operations, Air BP fuels more than 6,400 flights every day – that’s over four aircraft every minute.
The company operates at more than 600 global locations in over 45 countries serving customers from the private pilot to some of the world’s largest airlines.
The Air BP Sterling Card can be used throughout the global network, including self-serve locations, providing easy access to fuel for thousands of Air BP clients including private pilots, aircraft management companies and corporate flight departments. Air BP’s card programmes were introduced in 1993 to bridge the gap between airline, general business and private aviation customers as an easy means of payment for aviation fuel on an as needed basis.
For a full list of locations served by Air BP go to www.airbp.com/wheretofind
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit