FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) today announced that Travis Merrillwill join the Company in the newly-created position of Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. Reporting to CEO Andy Teich, Merrill will be tasked with developing and leading FLIR’s global marketing and brand building efforts. Mr. Merrillserved most recently as Vice President of Marketing for Samsung Electronics America, where he led the GALAXY Tab marketing initiatives from 2011 to 2014. Previously, he held various strategy and marketing roles for Samsung in Korea and in the U.S., as well as various leadership positions at Covad Communications and at U.S. West (now CenturyLink). Mr. Merrill received his BA magna cum laude from Wabash College, an MS in Telecommunications from the University of Colorado Boulder, and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
“We are delighted to welcome Travis to our team. With the recent introduction of the FLIR One iPhone thermal camera accessory and the low-cost Lepton thermal micro-camera core, we expect FLIR’s customer base and market breadth to expand rapidly into markets where effective brand-building and world class marketing will create significant value. Travis brings tremendous experience in these critical areas and we look forward to having him as a part of the management team,” said Andy Teich, President and CEO of FLIR.
About FLIR Systems
FLIR Systems, Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of sensor systems that enhance perception and awareness. FLIR’s advanced systems and components are used for a wide variety of thermal imaging, situational awareness, and security applications, including airborne and ground-based surveillance, condition monitoring, navigation, recreation, research and development, manufacturing process control, search and rescue, drug interdiction, transportation safety, border and maritime patrol, environmental monitoring, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives (CBRNE) threat detection. For more information, visit FLIR’s web site at www.FLIR.com.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1