FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) today announced that Travis Merrillwill join the Company in the newly-created position of Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. Reporting to CEO Andy Teich, Merrill will be tasked with developing and leading FLIR’s global marketing and brand building efforts. Mr. Merrillserved most recently as Vice President of Marketing for Samsung Electronics America, where he led the GALAXY Tab marketing initiatives from 2011 to 2014. Previously, he held various strategy and marketing roles for Samsung in Korea and in the U.S., as well as various leadership positions at Covad Communications and at U.S. West (now CenturyLink). Mr. Merrill received his BA magna cum laude from Wabash College, an MS in Telecommunications from the University of Colorado Boulder, and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
“We are delighted to welcome Travis to our team. With the recent introduction of the FLIR One iPhone thermal camera accessory and the low-cost Lepton thermal micro-camera core, we expect FLIR’s customer base and market breadth to expand rapidly into markets where effective brand-building and world class marketing will create significant value. Travis brings tremendous experience in these critical areas and we look forward to having him as a part of the management team,” said Andy Teich, President and CEO of FLIR.
About FLIR Systems
FLIR Systems, Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of sensor systems that enhance perception and awareness. FLIR’s advanced systems and components are used for a wide variety of thermal imaging, situational awareness, and security applications, including airborne and ground-based surveillance, condition monitoring, navigation, recreation, research and development, manufacturing process control, search and rescue, drug interdiction, transportation safety, border and maritime patrol, environmental monitoring, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives (CBRNE) threat detection. For more information, visit FLIR’s web site at www.FLIR.com.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident