AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce the winner of the creative contest “Flydeas for the City”, during the opening conference at Fuorisalone 2014, the most important design event of the year that is held in Milan, Italy. The contest was held as part of the exhibition event “New Ideas for Feeding the City”.
The contest, a collaboration between AgustaWestland and the interior and contemporary design magazine “Interni”, involved teams of designers, selected according to various professional backgrounds, not directly related to the aviation industry.
The studio Lanzavecchia+Wai has been selected as the winner from the nine participants and will create an innovative VIP interior concept for the new AW169 helicopter. The jury was composed of internationally renowned architects, designers and industry experts.
Daniele Romiti, CEO of AgustaWestland, “Lanzavecchia+Wai has been able to best express both functionality and design. Thanks to the harmony created by air flows and the movement of the lines, their concept brings to mind the idea of our fast and efficient helicopters, designed with style and reasoning.
He added “To join Fuorisalone was a first, for us. We felt that being part of the most important international design event was an opportunity to highlight to the world an aspect of AgustaWestland that connects pure technology and engineering skills with the ability to innovate and to bring in new ideas from outside the aviation world.”
After working together with the most famous and prestigious fashion houses, such as Versace and Lagerfeld, on the GrandNew and AW139 helicopters, AgustaWestland continues to be at the forefront of design and style. In the VIP and corporate transport markets, the Company can pride itself on being the leader in the multi-engine segment, with a 65% market share in the last few years. The GrandNew, the AW139 and – beginning with the entry in service next year – the AW169, represent the backbone of AgustaWestland offer for this market.
- First AW169 EMS Helicopter Fleet in US in Service
- UK AOC for NHV Group granted; new AW169 operating base at Blackpool in prospect?
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- Daegu Fire Department to take delivery of new AW169
- NHV orders two AW169 for offshore operations
- AW169 helicopter to enter offshore operations in Africa
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- 27-Oct-18 G-VSKP Leonardo AW169 Leicester, UK (5F)
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’