Douglas-Westwood’s (DW) new World Offshore Oil & Gas Helicopter Market Report forecasts that $24 billion will be spent on offshore helicopter services between 2014 and 2018 – an increase of 57% over the preceding five-year period.
Report editor, Frank Wright, commented, “Long-term production support contracts in Western Europe and continues to underpin the market, but we expect faster growth rates to be experienced in Africa, Asia, Australasia and Latin America over the forecast period. A preference for local providers in many of these markets means that regional specialists dominate and the major helicopter operators have lower levels of participation, with the notable exceptions of Brazil and Australia.
“On a global basis the medium-type helicopter class accounts for close to 60% of total offshore helicopter service expenditure. Western Europe and Australasia are exceptions, as buyers in these markets favour larger helicopters with increased range and carrying capacity.
“The next five years will be a critical time for the industry as a new generation of medium-class helicopters are introduced. These models are highly efficient with the most advanced safety systems and are expected to perform well in the offshore arena. However, due to the natural conservatism in the industry, it will take time before a critical mass of orders is achieved.”
DW has developed a proprietary model of offshore helicopter spend which is based upon inputs from our in-house project and drilling data, coupled with industry insight gained over nearly 25 years of industry consulting. This has included engagements across the globe for many of the largest helicopter owners, operators and manufacturers. For the first time, this collective insight is now available as a published research product
This 1st edition of DW’s World Offshore Oil & Gas Helicopter Market Forecast 2014-2018 covers all key commercial themes relevant to players across the value chain. The report contains supply chain analysis of contracting processes, helicopter fleet developments, new helicopter models and helicopter procurement trends and competitive landscape covering both helicopter operators and helicopter OEMs. The regional analysis gives a summary of growth prospects, key buyers, competitive intensity and typical contracting approaches. The market forecasts cover analysis of expenditure, supply and demand development by region (Africa, Asia, Australasia, Latin America, Middle East, North America and Western Europe) from 2014 to 2018.
Established in 1990, Douglas-Westwood is a leading provider of market research and consulting services to the energy industry worldwide. DW has completed 1,000 projects for clients in more than 70 different countries and in some 250 niche energy segments. Clients range from the oil & gas majors and their contractors to financial houses and governments. DW is an independent organisation with research supported by proprietary data, insight and knowledge. The company’s international reach is backed up by one of the largest sector-focused teams in offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia. www.douglas-westwood.com
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support