Critical-care airlift services from Turkey’s THK Gökçen Aviation are now at their full-up capability following completion of Airbus Helicopters’ delivery of EC135 to this commercial arm of the Turkish Aeronautical Association.
Handover of the milestone EC135 occurred at Airbus Helicopters’ Donauwörth, Germany production facility, where the twin-engine rotorcraft is assembled.
The EC135 already has demonstrated its capabilities in THK Gökçen Aviation’s emergency medical services (EMS) missions, as more than 2,000 flight hours have been logged since the helicopter’s 2013 service introduction with the operator. THK Gökçen Aviation is utilizing its EC135s in the framework of a five-year EMS contract with the Turkish Ministry of Health.
“This rapid fleet build-up – with all helicopters phased in during 12 months – confirms the operational excellence of THK Gökçen Aviation, and also validates the EC135’s capabilities as the reference rotorcraft for EMS operations,” said Olivier Lambert, Airbus Helicopters’ Senior Vice President for Sales and Customer Relations.
With their 17 EC135 helicopters THK not only increase their mission capability but are also able to assure the Turkish population the best service in any conditions. Moreover, THK has established important MRO facilities together with their subsidiary Asal Aeronautics.
“Our EC135s are performing very well, with high reliability levels in the full range of operating conditions across Turkey,” added Osman Yildirim, President of THK.
The EC135 combines a wide, unobstructed cabin with excellent performance, range and payload capacity – along with low-noise operations. Its oversized sliding side doors and rear clamshell doors enable fast loading/unloading of patients – with additional safety during ground operations ensured by Airbus Helicopters’ signature shrouded Fenestron® tail rotor.
About THK and ASAL Aeronautics
THK is known for their excellent operational capabilities thanks to the biggest fleet of firefighting aircraft, two fixed wing aircraft for air ambulance, three business jets and various types of single and multi-engine aircraft.
ASAL Aeronautics is located at Isparta airport. Their MRO facilities are located in the center of the southern part of Turkey which is convenient for operators in and around Turkey. ASAL MRO facilities are capable of providing both base and line maintenance with certified engineers, technicians and tools. All personnel were trained at Airbus Helicopters’ facilities.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries, and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago