Trial flights commenced on Thursday 17th April of the newly constructed helideck facility on the roof of Bristol Royal Infirmary – Initial trials were conducted using the Great Western Air Ambulance Bo105 helicopter, as depicted in the images here.
Air ambulance MBB Bolkow105DBS-4, G-NDAA, undertook the first test flight on 17th April to prove the capability of the new helideck facilities recently constructed on the Bristol Royal Infirmary hospital in central Bristol.
The Filton-based Great Western Air Ambulance Bolkow 105 was used to verify a safe system of visual approach reference points and to familiarise the pilot and crew with the new helideck. Further trial flights continue this week with an EC135 from Devon Air Ambulance.
A spokesperson for University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust said: “Once the paperwork from the test flight program is completed and registered with the Civil Aviation Authority, the deck will be available for further pilot orientation test flights from other air ambulance operators in advance of the transfer of paediatric burns and neuroscience services from Frenchay Hospital.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work