AgustaWestland North America, a Finmeccanica company, will showcase its range of solutions for the US Army on the joint Finmeccanica North America booth (#1731) at this year’s Army Aviation Association of America Mission Solutions Summit, taking place in Nashville, Tennessee from May 4 through 6.
AgustaWestland is highlighting the AW119Kx, a light-single engine helicopter featuring an integrated Garmin G1000 glass cockpit that provides an opportunity for AgustaWestland North America to leverage the AW119Kx’s commercial success and compete for potential US military training programs.
“Featuring a modern design based on a proven platform, the AW119Kx maintains redundant systems and is forgiving to pilots in training,” said Robert LaBelle, CEO of AgustaWestland North America. “Integrating the AW119Kx into the military’s fleet of training aircraft is a common-sense solution from both a cost and operational standpoint, allowing the next generation of military aviators to train using helicopters that are more in line with those they will use in real-world military missions.”
The superior performance and redundancy of critical systems make single-engine AW119Kx ideal for initial helicopter training, providing an exceptionally safe platform. The modern avionics of the AW119Kx maximize situational awareness and significantly reduce pilot workload.
The AW119Kx is assembled at the company’s manufacturing facility in Philadelphia and has been chosen or is in service conducting law enforcement, homeland security, parapublic, firefighting, EMS, and corporate transport missions around the world, including the United States, Canada, Chile, Australia, Mexico, Finland, South Africa, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, and Brazil.
AgustaWestland North America, a global leader in military and commercial vertical-lift, is a US subsidiary of AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, operating under a Special Security Agreement and responsible for US government programs.
- 02-Dec-20 N669SS Leonardo AW119Kx Philadelphia, US-Pennsylvania
- Israeli Air Force to expand AW119 fleet to 12
- SAFE delivers AW119 maintenance stands to NY Dept of Environmental Protection
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119