L‐3 WESCAM announced today that it has now delivered 100 MX™-15 electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) imaging turrets in support of the U.S. Army National Guard’s UH-72A Security and Support Mission Equipment Package (S&S MEP).
L-3 WESCAM was awarded the contract for this program in 2009 as a subcontractor to Airbus Helicopters, Inc. The first system was delivered in March 2011.
“The sensor package on the S&S MEP is a very capable and powerful sighting system, with both thermal and daytime capability,” said Lt. Col. David Cheney, product manager for the UH-72A Lakota. “This system is helping our National Guard to perform homeland security missions every day.”
“We are pleased to have delivered the 100th system to the U.S. Army National Guard as an instrumental part of the UH-72A’s mission equipment package,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “It’s an honor to support the Army National Guard’s newest fleet of helicopters with our MX technology, as we’ve done over the years in support of other key U.S. Armed Forces and homeland security surveillance missions.”
The UH-72A S&S MEP is a U.S. Army National Guard asset that carries out homeland security, counter drug, border patrol and natural disaster support missions. With an emphasis onproviding situational awareness, the long-range imaging capabilities within the MX-15i turrets are providing the Army with a faster, more powerful means to support multi-mission roles. Each MX-15i is configured with a four field-of-view thermal imager, daylight continuous zoom TV, daylight spotter TV, laser illuminator, auto-tracker, MX-GEO, moving map and searchlight interfaces.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2013 sales of $12.6 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
Except for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this news release are forward-looking statements. Statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or refer to events or conditions or that include words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “will,” “could” and similar expressions are forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements set forth above involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any such statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed in the company’s Safe Harbor Compliance Statement for Forward-Looking Statements included in the company’s recent filings, including Forms 10-K and 10-Q, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made, and the company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard