L-3 WESCAM announced today that the Joint British Forces fleet of MX™-10 electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems has successfully logged 10,000 hours onboard the Lynx Mk9A helicopter.
Since its deployment in late 2011, the Mk9A and MX-10 pairing has effectively demonstrated full mission capability, leading key Find and Escort roles throughout Afghanistan in support of the United Kingdom’s Operation HERRICK.
“The 10,000-flight hour milestone is a great reason to celebrate the tremendous performance of our MX-10 EO/IR imaging system,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “With its battle-proven design and optical capability, the MX-10 fleet has demonstrated its effectiveness in extreme environments, with prolonged exposure to sand and temperatures over 50 degrees Celsius.”
Able to provide positive identifications and accurate targeting information, the MX-10s have proven to be a force multiplier onboard the Lynx Mk9A. Complete with 4-axis stabilization, the systems are used to track insurgent activity and troop movement around forward operating bases in Afghanistan. This dependable overwatch capability is credited to the long-range EO and IR imaging sensors that complement the MX-10’s patented stabilization technology, coupled with the system’s laser rangefinder, laser illuminator and MX-GEO technologies.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2013 sales of $12.6 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
Except for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this news release are forward-looking statements. Statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or referto events or conditions or that include words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “will,” “could” and similar expressions are forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements set forth above involve a number of risks and uncertainties thatcould cause actual results to differ materially from any such statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed in the company’s Safe Harbor Compliance Statement for Forward- Looking Statements included in the company’s recent filings, including Forms 10-K and 10-Q, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made, and the company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
- Leonardo’s upgraded Super Lynx Makes Successful Maiden Flight
- Westwind selects L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 for the ADS-B Solution
- Sea Skua is fired for the last time from HMS Portland’s Lynx
- Royal Navy Lynx instructors awarded Trophy with support from CAE
- Leonardo to upgrade Portuguese Navy Lynxes
- British military thanks landing site owners
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- Vector completes last Lynx overhaul
- Babcock win large Royal Navy helicopter maintenance contract
- XPO to ship eight Lynxes from Brazil to UK
- Brazilian Lynx fleet to receive new protection suite
- Vector demonstrates flexibility in Portuguese Lynx programme
- NATO contracts CAE for maintenance of Lynx full-mission flight trainer
- 23-Feb-15 Westland Lynx Cape Town, South Africa
- L-3 Officially Launches Its Lynx® Line of ADS-B Products
- Lynx pilot gets Royal Navy wings from Prince Andrew
- Helicopter world speed record holder Trevor Egginton dies
- Algerian Navy about to receive first Super Lynx 300s
- World Record Holder receives Heritage Award
- 27-Sep-14 AgustaWestland Lynx Fryton, UK