Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today that Meggitt Inc. will be providing the fuel system for the Bell V-280 Valor™ .
John Garrison, president and CEO of Bell Helicopter, says: “We are pleased Meggitt is making the strategic decision to join our growing team of aerospace leaders and help develop our third generation tiltrotor, the Bell V-280. Meggitt will be providing the fuel system for the V-280. Team Valor continues to align interests and resources on this clean sheet design, together delivering technology and innovation that reduces cost, weight and complexity in order to make the next generation of tiltrotor technology more affordable.”
Kevin Shaffer, global marketing director for Meggitt Polymers & Composite, says: “This program allows Meggitt to showcase its ability to design and produce complete aviation fuel systems after a long history pioneering the ballistically-resistant fuel tanks carried by nearly every US military aircraft in service today. Meggitt has a longstanding relationship with Bell and we are delighted to be a part of this vital life-saving program.”
The transformational features of Bell Helicopter’s third generation tiltrotor technologies within the Joint Multi Role (JMR) Technology Demonstrator (TD) reduce risk and inform the requirements for the Future Vertical Lift (FVL) program. The V-280 is designed to feature increased maintainability and component and systems reliability, while providing twice the speed and range of the U.S. Army’s current fleet. The Bell V-280 Valor will offer commanders a combat maneuver platform with the operational agility and effectiveness to self-deploy and perform multiple vertical lift missions.
Team Valor is comprised of leading aerospace companies, bringing the best engineering resources, industrial capabilities, and critical thinking to meet the U.S. Army’s needs.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
Meggitt Polymers & Composites is a division of Meggitt PLC, the global engineering group specializing in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. Some 11,000 people are employed across our manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East.
- US Army contract awarded Bell for competitive demonstration and risk reduction
- GKN Aerospace delivers thermoplastic composite components for Bell V-280 Valor
- V-280 scores top marks
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- Lockheed Martin’s Pilotage Distributed Aperture Sensor system takes to Texas skies aboard Bell’s V-280 Valor in a series of flight tests
- Bell and Rolls-Royce Collaborate
- Bell V-280 Valor is the only rotorcraft on 2018 Collier Trophy shortlist
- V-280 Valor reaches 280 knots true airspeed
- Bell V-280 Valor
- Bell V-280 wins Popular Science Award
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Bell expands Flight Research Center
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Bell V-280 Valor Achieves First Flight
- V-280 Valor Achieves 100% Completion
- Bell takes V-280 mockup to AUSA 2017
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- Bell to fly V-280 Valor Tilt-Rotor in September
- Bell Presents V-280 Valor Prototype
- Bell to exhibit at 2017 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit