In response to the annoucement from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) today, Oil & Gas UK chief executive, Malcolm Webb, said:
“The CAA consultation with industry has been highly constructive, prompting and accelerating the introduction of breakthrough lifesaving equipment over a year ahead of CAA proposed action A10 (CAP1145) – a real milestone for safety in the North Sea. Additionally, the new equipment comes with a significantly improved lifejacket for all passengers, more good news for offshore safety.
“By adjusting the timescale for limiting helicopter seating capacity to better align with the availability of Category A Emergency Breathing Systems, the CAA has facilitated the work of the fast-approaching annual turnaround season, when safety critical maintenance is carried out during the summer months.
“Our discussions with CAA are a safety success story for the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS). All of the many risk drivers have been considered and balanced in such a way that these are effectively managed in the best interest of safety offshore. We will continue to work collaboratively with the CAA on the introduction of the other recommendations and actions in the safety review.
“Oil & Gas UK also warmly welcomes the news that the redesigned gear shaft for EC225 helicopters has been certified, and will now be introduced as soon as possible. This is another significant step forward for safety.
“Finally, I wish to repeat that Oil & Gas UK applauds the CAA’s safety review CAP1145, which we believe will further improve the safety of helicopter operations in the North Sea.”
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System