Trakkacorp Pty Ltd is pleased to confirm that the Company has achieved approval from Airbus Helicopters Germany for the Serial Production Qualification of the Trakka A800 Helicopter Searchlight. Extensive testing, qualification and close collaboration between Trakka and Airbus Helicopters’ engineering teams has taken place over the last three years to ensure that the Trakka Searchlight adheres to Airbus’s Helicopter stringent requirements.
Trakka Corp and Airbus Helicopters German
This process began after Airbus Helicopters selected Trakka through a competitive Request for Proposal, (RFP) in 2011 for the Search Light for existing and future helicopter platforms.
The TrakkaBeam A800 Searchlight will be Type Certified for the EC135, EC145 and EC175. In addition to this, the Trakka Searchlight is already Type Certified by Airbus Helicopters on the EC155, EC225, and is STC’d on the AS350.
Cliff Schwidlewski, Trakka’s Engineering Manager, stated, “ The requirements have been extremely challenging but the close working relationship between Airbus Helicopters and Trakka has been paramount to the success of this project. The extensive testing and Airbus’s Helicopters engineering and quality teams’ process of approval and qualification, has proven that Trakka fulfils the highest quality standards of a product”.
The TrakkaBeam searchlight is a paradigm shift in engineering and design, which has eliminated the inefficiencies of traditional searchlight technology. Trakka has concentrated on producing a system that achieves maximum efficiency and visibility, in a variety of operational situations.
The TrakkaBeam has become the benchmark in aviation searchlight technology, due to its sleek, aerodynamic characteristics, low power draw, low weight, superior mission functionality and reliability and is used internationally by leading ground and airborne law enforcement, security forces, as well as search and rescue agencies, to strengthen their capability to achieve mission objectives.
Its unique internally integrated filter wheel enables the installation of a range of spectral light filters including infrared, visible red and amber. This creates unparalleled visibility and mission capability during night-time operations, in moist or foggy conditions, and during NVG operations.
The advanced optics, only available with the TrakkaBeam, also makes the searchlight far more efficient than any other on the market, resulting in the use of an 800W lamp whilst still achieving outstanding performance and range.
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta