Following a comprehensive audit of administrative documentation, medical practices, and facilities, the National Accreditation Alliance of Medical Transport Applications (NAAMTA) is awarding Aeromed (Traslados Medicos de Puerto Rico) accreditation for their rotor-wing program. We are excited to include them within the NAAMTA Alliance, and thus are privy to the benefits associated.
NAAMTA’s Alliance Members are held in high esteem for meeting stringent requirements that define and influence transport operational excellence. Aeromed has demonstrated compliance in each of the numerous standards, offering documentation on processes for safety, aviation, and medical practices. NAAMTA evaluates compliance through employee interviews, on-site evaluations, and process reviews, all of which was conducted using NAAMTA and ISO 9001:2008 auditing guidelines.
Jose A. Hernandez, II, Aeromed’s Program Director emphasized that “NAAMTA is the first accreditation entity to set foot locally in the 20 years of air medical transport in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is the gateway to the U.S., British, French, and Dutch Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. NAAMTA certification is important to our program since we are in the process of developing global recognition in this highly competitive international market.”
By attaining NAAMTA Accreditation, Aeromed’s industry professionals demonstrate the depth of their medical transport expertise through their dedication to improving patient care and cultivating an environment of safety.
Adam Orgill, NAAMTA’s Aviation Administrator affirms, “A culture of teamwork is ever present at Aeromed evidenced by the consideration and care each employee takes during all phases of the transport.”
NAAMTA is an accreditation standard-bearer for the medical transport industry, offering procedures that include guidelines for developing a quality management system focusing on transport safety, patient care, and continuous improvement. Since its inception in 2009, NAAMTA has worked diligently to be globally recognized, and has attained ISO 9001:2008 QMS certification.
NAAMTA has successfully made great strides in identifying key best practices to improve the standard of performance among EMS providers at a national and global level. Through a dynamic approach to auditing and a vast array of web-based reporting and learning tools for members, NAAMTA distinguishes itself as an accreditation source interested in the improvement of medical transport organizations.
Headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Traslados Medicos de Puerto Rico, Inc. is a fairly young company; however, AEROMED as a program is celebrating its 20th year Anniversary. They are highly endorsed by the hospital and medical services in their area. Ever-growing, Aeromed and its employees have demonstrated exuberance in providing the best of quality care to the people of Puerto Rico and the surrounding islands encompassing their service area.
Aeromed has great outreach and is recognized as true professionals throughout the island. There is a universal attitude throughout the organization which emulates a professional commitment to effective practices and safety as well as teamwork that is readily observable in their operations.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support