Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k4s52b/global_helicopter) has announced the addition of the “Global Helicopter Market Forecasts & Opportunities, 2018” report to their offering.
The increasing demand from the Civil Aviation sector is one of the major drivers of the market. In the Civil Aviation sector, helicopters are used more to carry passengers in the remote areas, where runways are not available. They are also used as an air ambulance.
High-altitude helicopters are mainly used for flying above 15,000 feet from sea level. Currently, the demand for these helicopters is increasing at a rapid rate. The major adopters of these helicopters are the Civil Aviation and Defense sectors. These helicopters are used for rescue operations, as well as for transportation and training. As a result of the high demand for high-altitude and versatile helicopters, vendors are manufacturing helicopters that can be used for different applications. This is expected to have a positive impact on the Global Helicopter market during the forecast period.
Further, the report states that a decrease in the defense budget is one of the major challenges for the market. As a result of slow economic development and other political reasons, governments in various countries have reduced their defense budgets.
Key vendors dominating this space are:
- AgustaWestland NV
- Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
- Russian Helicopters
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Other vendors mentioned in the report are:
- Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- Kaman Aerospace
- Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI)
- MD Helicopters
- Robinson Helicopter Company
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit