Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k4s52b/global_helicopter) has announced the addition of the “Global Helicopter Market Forecasts & Opportunities, 2018” report to their offering.
The increasing demand from the Civil Aviation sector is one of the major drivers of the market. In the Civil Aviation sector, helicopters are used more to carry passengers in the remote areas, where runways are not available. They are also used as an air ambulance.
High-altitude helicopters are mainly used for flying above 15,000 feet from sea level. Currently, the demand for these helicopters is increasing at a rapid rate. The major adopters of these helicopters are the Civil Aviation and Defense sectors. These helicopters are used for rescue operations, as well as for transportation and training. As a result of the high demand for high-altitude and versatile helicopters, vendors are manufacturing helicopters that can be used for different applications. This is expected to have a positive impact on the Global Helicopter market during the forecast period.
Further, the report states that a decrease in the defense budget is one of the major challenges for the market. As a result of slow economic development and other political reasons, governments in various countries have reduced their defense budgets.
Key vendors dominating this space are:
- AgustaWestland NV
- Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
- Russian Helicopters
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Other vendors mentioned in the report are:
- Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- Kaman Aerospace
- Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI)
- MD Helicopters
- Robinson Helicopter Company
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf