Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k4s52b/global_helicopter) has announced the addition of the “Global Helicopter Market Forecasts & Opportunities, 2018” report to their offering.
The increasing demand from the Civil Aviation sector is one of the major drivers of the market. In the Civil Aviation sector, helicopters are used more to carry passengers in the remote areas, where runways are not available. They are also used as an air ambulance.
High-altitude helicopters are mainly used for flying above 15,000 feet from sea level. Currently, the demand for these helicopters is increasing at a rapid rate. The major adopters of these helicopters are the Civil Aviation and Defense sectors. These helicopters are used for rescue operations, as well as for transportation and training. As a result of the high demand for high-altitude and versatile helicopters, vendors are manufacturing helicopters that can be used for different applications. This is expected to have a positive impact on the Global Helicopter market during the forecast period.
Further, the report states that a decrease in the defense budget is one of the major challenges for the market. As a result of slow economic development and other political reasons, governments in various countries have reduced their defense budgets.
Key vendors dominating this space are:
- AgustaWestland NV
- Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
- Russian Helicopters
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Other vendors mentioned in the report are:
- Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- Kaman Aerospace
- Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI)
- MD Helicopters
- Robinson Helicopter Company
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming
- CHI St. Joseph Health and PHI upgrade aircraft
- Tender issued for German wind farm rescue helicopter
- Queenstown helicopter company liquidated