Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k4s52b/global_helicopter) has announced the addition of the “Global Helicopter Market Forecasts & Opportunities, 2018” report to their offering.
The increasing demand from the Civil Aviation sector is one of the major drivers of the market. In the Civil Aviation sector, helicopters are used more to carry passengers in the remote areas, where runways are not available. They are also used as an air ambulance.
High-altitude helicopters are mainly used for flying above 15,000 feet from sea level. Currently, the demand for these helicopters is increasing at a rapid rate. The major adopters of these helicopters are the Civil Aviation and Defense sectors. These helicopters are used for rescue operations, as well as for transportation and training. As a result of the high demand for high-altitude and versatile helicopters, vendors are manufacturing helicopters that can be used for different applications. This is expected to have a positive impact on the Global Helicopter market during the forecast period.
Further, the report states that a decrease in the defense budget is one of the major challenges for the market. As a result of slow economic development and other political reasons, governments in various countries have reduced their defense budgets.
Key vendors dominating this space are:
- AgustaWestland NV
- Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
- Russian Helicopters
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Other vendors mentioned in the report are:
- Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- Kaman Aerospace
- Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI)
- MD Helicopters
- Robinson Helicopter Company
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505