The successful training of pilots and technical personnel on Ecureuil-family rotorcraft will be continued in a joint Airbus Helicopters and UTair effort with the signing of an agreement at this week’s HeliRussia exhibition in Moscow.
UTair’s Personnel Training Center (PTC) provides the courses, which covers type ratings, as well as recurrent and refresher training, for both pilots and technical personnel on the AS350 B3.3е and AS355 N/NP. All courses are performed in the Russian language, which is a key success factor and well appreciated by the Russian customers.
The UTair PTC is one of Russia’s largest civil aviation training facilities, and has been certified by Airbus Helicopters since 2011 – becoming the first company-approved external training centers worldwide that belongs to an external partner.
“Since the establishment of our cooperation, 114 pilots and more than 100 technicians have been trained at the PTC, which shows the tremendous success this center has among our Russian customers.” said Laurence Rigolini, General Manager of the Airbus Helicopters Vostok subsidiary. “We are very proud to be working with such a strong and reliable partner to offer highly professional training in Russia – which is vital to increasing fleet safety.”
UTair CEO Andrey Martirosov, said Russia’s rapidly-evolving helicopter market is leading customers to ask for the most adapted training solutions, and which are tailored to their needs. “Working hand-in-hand with Airbus Helicopters and Airbus Helicopter Vostok in offering such services has proven to be a key competitive advantage since the start of our training cooperation,” he explained. “This is why we are pleased to sign the extension of the cooperation agreement, and we will continue exploring and developing all fields – providing new and innovative training solutions for the Russian market.”
About Airbus Helicopters Vostok
Airbus Helicopters Vostok, known as Eurocopter Vostok until 2014, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters established in 2005 to ensure helicopter sales, fleet safety follow-up and customer support and services in Russia and the CIS. Civil Airbus Helicopters models operated in Russia have been granted type certificates by the International Aviation Committee (IAC). Over 155 rotorcraft produced by Airbus Helicopters are operated in Russia, as well as over 70 in other CIS member states. Airbus Helicopters holds over 60% of the Russian market for turbine helicopters of foreign make. Airbus Helicopters Vostok together with local partners in Russia and CIS established a network of a flight training centers and maintenance centers to provide service for rotorcrafts.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries, and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase