L-3 WESCAM announced today significant feature enhancements to the electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting products within its MX™-Series portfolio.
“The newly added features enable a wider breadth of visual capabilities across all of our market segments,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “We’re providing the highest value to our customers by incorporating technologies that are state-of-the-art, easy-to-use and will improve sensor operator effectiveness.”
Feature enhancements per product are as follows:
MX-15 Surveillance System (pictured)
- Color low-light, wide-angle zoom EO imager – Complementing the system’s existing dual-channel spotter, this technology enhances its imaging capability under a wide range of illumination conditions, including dusk and poor weather conditions.
- Zoom Spotter – Zoom optics allow the operator to achieve the desired balance of magnification and field of view between moderately wide and ultra-narrow.
- Shortwave IR (SWIR) imager – Useful for day and night imaging missions, the high-resolution SWIR imager offers outstanding range performance at the limits of atmospheric visibility. In addition, it offers improved imaging performance under suboptimal atmospheric conditions, such as atmospheric haze and fog.
MX-20D & 25D Targeting Systems
- Laser Spot Tracker (LST) – Compatible with standard U.S. and NATO designator codes, the LST automatically detects a designator spot of a given code in its field of view and automatically slews the system’s line of sight to the laser energy.
MX-25 Surveillance & MX-25D Targeting Systems
- Dual-channel daylight and EMCCD low-light EO wide-angle zoom – EMCCD low-light imaging capability added to the wide-angle zoom sensor enhances situational awareness under a wide range of illumination conditions.
To improve mission capability and promote operational ease-of-use, all turrets within the MX-Series can also be equipped with L-3 WESCAM’s newly launched Kinetic™ technologies:
- Kinetic Speed – A powerful feature that enables operators to gain an accurate indication of the speed at which ground vehicles are travelling. This is useful for threat assessment and/or regulatory law enforcement.
- Kinetic Map – An advanced operator control system that overlays the location of the sensor, direction of line of sight and a selected sensor’s field of view onto a geographical moving map. The system displays multiple channels of sensor video, along with the imagery’s associated metadata.
- Kinetic Moving Target Indicator (MTI) – Detects multiple moving targets in an image stream, significantly reducing operator burden and increasing the probability of detecting suspicious activity.
- Kinetic Map and MTI – Combines the capabilities of the Kinetic Map and Kinetic MTI into a powerful, integrated set of operator capabilities.
All system features are available now for delivery.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2013 sales of $12.6 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Bell teams with industry leaders to form Team Invictus
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum