Metro Aviation has achieved Level IV of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Safety Management System (SMS) Pilot Project in the 14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station.
Metro Aviation is the first and only organization in the United States operating under 14 CFR 145 rules to achieve this milestone, according to a FAA representative.
“Level IV is just the beginning,” according to Metro Aviation’s Director of Safety Tarek Loutfy. “We will continue to look for proactive and predictive ways to identify potential hazards and manage risks in our System. This will be accomplished through open collaboration with all departments on safety matters.”
“The SMS will provide a uniform way of handling maintenance safety practices and procedures to ensure that all employees and management are on the same page,” explains Managing Director Milton Geltz.
Metro Aviation, Inc. is committed to preserving the integrity, success, and quality of the company by continually improving and providing a safe work environment for all employees, customers, and clients. The ultimate goal is to ensure that risks are understood and mitigated to the lowest denominator in all company operations. It takes a commitment from the entire Metro family to achieve this goal.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics