Russian helicopter company Aerosouz is to build a heliport in Rostov, with an epected project investment of 100 million rubles ($2.86M US). Full facilities are planned, including hangar, passenger lounge, crew room, maintenance facilities and so on.
The agreement was signed between Aerosouz President Alexander Klimchuk (on the right in the photo below) and Rostov Region Governor Vasily Golubev (left) recently at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum.
Subject to its success going forward, a second stage will follow. This will focus on building helipads in key regional centres around Rostov, including location close to major tourist facilities, industrial and business centres – all of which are viewed by Aerosouz as showing good promise for expansion.
Nikolai Vanesev – Moscow Correspondent – HeliHub.com
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH