H+S Aviation and Dallas Airmotive, BBA Aviation companies, announced that they have received the first RR300 engines under their recently awarded RR300 Authorized Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Center (AMROC) agreement with Rolls-Royce. The companies announced the authorization at Heli-Expo 2014 in Anaheim, California, in February.
“We have a long history of supporting engines from Rolls-Royce and the rotorcraft market. Our expertise with the Rolls-Royce M250® provides our customers with confidence that we know their engines and will provide the support they require,” explained Mark Taylor, Managing Director of H+S Aviation.
Between H+S Aviation’s facility in the UK and Dallas Airmotive’s North America facility, RR300 operators have access to comprehensive service and support. “In addition to the major repair and overhaul facilities, our global maintenance service network is made up of 12 Regional Turbine Centers and more than 100 field service representatives,” stated Doug Meador, President of Dallas Airmotive. “RR300 customers can now receive service and support anywhere in the world.”
Given the companies’ rotorcraft expertise, the companies recognized the potential growth of the RR300 market. “We knew the RR300 was going to gain rapid acceptance with operators worldwide,” said Mark Taylor, “The recent EASA certification of the R66 will undoubtedly drive greater growth in the European region and we have responded by ramping up our support capabilities to serve this rapidly growing fleet,” explained Taylor.
BBA Aviation’s engine companies provide MRO services for a wide range of engine component and accessories in the commercial, government and business aviation markets. The companies are OEM-approved to service more than 80% of the turbine engines in operation today on business aircraft.
The company also just announced that they will be expanding their global service network to include an overhaul facility in the Middle East and a new North American rotorcraft and test Center of Excellence in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. A final location is expected to be announced later this year.
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana
- Rotorcorp President Appointed to US Trade Policy Advisory Committee
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement