Helijet announced it has renewed helicopter service contracts with world famous Fishing Resorts in the Haida Gwaii Islands located on the North-West Coast of British Columbia.
Together, the 3 year service contracts with renewal options exercised are valued at over $12 million. Helijet will provide exclusive summer-season helicopter service to the resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, which will be operated and maintained by a Helijet team located from both the Sandspit and Masset Airports.
The 13-passenger helicopters will fly Resort guests and supplies to and from these remote Lodges, which are situated along some of most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort clients. Helijet also operates a year-round operating base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam commented,“ The opportunity to present our team’s service delivery and safety standards to our renewed partnered clients, demonstrates Helijet’s ongoing ability to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the sport fishing industry”.
Helijet has become a leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, now providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters for a total of 13 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts operating in the Haida Gwaii islands and north-central Coast of BC.
Helijet International (TSX: HJI) is a Canadian-owned company, North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying over two million passengers in the past 25 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters for the Province of British Columbia and serves numerous private medical assist service clients.
- Island Express Helicopters sues ATC over Kobe Bryant accident
- 25-Aug-20 N276TH Sikorsky S76C West Palm Beach, US-Florida
- Korea – Corporate operator Posco to make corporate S76s available for EMS work
- Sikorsky S76C – FAA AD 2020-0212 – RDAU software
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé