The e-APU60 has been specially designed to meet the demands of new-generation more-electric aircraft. It is characterized by an excellent power-to-weight ratio and exceptional compactness.
Tests performed last year on the new-generation AgustaWestland AW189 helicopter validated its excellent reliability and its endurance in extreme operating conditions, as well as its impressive performance in normal flight conditions. On May 31st of last year, the e-APU60 received the highest level of EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) civil certification (category 1 for essential use).
In addition to ground starting the main engines, supplying power to the electrical systems and providing air conditioning for the AgustaWestland AW189, the e-APU60 is also capable of restarting the engines in flight and providing an additional source of power required to cover all electrical needs throughout the flight envelope. Flight safety is therefore optimized.
“Microturbo has entered a key new phase with this FAA certification. Microturbo is ready to provide best-in-class local support for the forthcoming entry into service of the aircraft in the North America geographic area. The quality and speed of our interventions will guarantee maximum availability of the aircraft” declared Thierry Gourmanel, Commercial Vice President, Microturbo Programs and Customer Support.
Microturbo (Safran) specializes in the design and production of high-technology power systems and propulsion systems. State-of-the-art and reliable power solutions offered include the large proven range in Microturbo gas turbines, but also innovations resulting of an important R&D investment and strategic partnerships. Microturbo is a world leader in the field of power systems and propulsion systems and has delivered over 13,000 units.
- Leonardo AW169 AW189 – EASA AD 2020-0196 – Tail Rotor Servo Actuator
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Inverness Coast Guard base swaps S92s for AW189s
- Korea and Malaysia add firefighting AW189s
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- Gulf testing Radio Frequency Identification technology on the AW189
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SkyTrac to Equip AW139 and AW189 fleets
- Multiple GBAS Firsts for Esterline and Leonardo
- Sakhalin Energy Signs AW189 Contract
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Leonardo AW189 – FAA AD 2018-24-06 – Tailplane lower fitting
- Bristow upgrades St Athan SAR base to AW189
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia