The Night Vision Awards selection committee announced today they are now taking nominations for the 2014 Night Vision Awards Show to be held in Phoenix, AZ at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association’s (ALEA) annual conference. Entries will be accepted until June 30. The awards will be presented to recipients on Thursday, July 17 at an awards reception from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
The Night Vision Awards are a bi-annual event with ceremonies hosted by Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Night Flight Concepts, Vertical Magazine and Rotorcraft Pro Magazine at ALEA in July and at NightCon later in the year. The purpose of the awards is to promote operational leadership and excellence in the use of night vision, in North America and around the world.
“Last year at ALEA we honored seven law enforcement units,” said Night Vision Awards emcee Scott Emerine. “Each unit had their own story of how night vision systems helped their unit succeed in catching suspects or saving lives and we feel privileged that we are able to share their stories while raising awareness and honoring them at the same time,” said Emerine.
About The Night Vision Awards
Night Vision Awards categories include:
- 5-year service award
- 10-year service award
- Community Awareness award
- Mark of Excellence award
- International Advancement Award
Nominations are currently being accepted for ALEA award show. Any flight operation using any Night Vision systems is eligible for consideration. Award nomination packets can be downloaded or filled out at http://www.nightvisionawards.com. Operators must be present at ALEA in order to be eligible for entry for the awards. Nominators are asked to submit photos, videos and stories about their use of Night Vision Systems along with their nomination form. Applicants are asked to email supporting materials to [email protected] A full list of previous winners and award description can be found on nightvisionawards.com.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters