Atlanta-based Precision Aviation Group (PAG) announced today that PAG companies are the exclusive MRO provider and a worldwide distributor of a new AgustaWestland 139 (AW139) Replacement Starter Generator made by Safran Power.
“The new starter generator has been in development for over 3 years,” said PAG President and CEO David Mast. “This is a direct replacement for the current Honeywell/Skurka Series starter generator and will create an immediate cost saving opportunity for the AW139 aircraft flying today.” PAG’s five starter generator shops are strategically positioned throughout the world to provide AW139 operators with MRO and supply chain services. Each location currently stocks and has the capability to service the new Safran starter generator.
“We are excited about this product, as it offers a 1000 hour “no-touch” service life guarantee from the OEM”. Combined with a lower cost to overhaul, this product is a cost effective alternative for AW139 operators,” said Chad Lemke, PAG VP Operations and Government Programs. “We have 14 highly trained starter generator technicians who service over 3,500 starter generators annually. Additionally, a key differentiator for PAG companies has always been our inventory support. We currently have the AW139 replacement part (Safran P/N 23078-029) in stock and are shipping orders.”
The new component offers quick-attach-detach (QAD) mounting to facilitate maintenance. One aspect that is sure to be popular with operators is the weight. At 31.4 lbs. without QAD, the new unit is lighter than the current generator.
Service and sales information on the Safran P/N 23078-029 are available by calling 404-768-9090, or emailing Chad Lemke – [email protected]
About Precision Aviation Group (PAG)
Precision Aviation Group (PAG) is a leading provider of MRO and Supply Chain Solutions for both Fixed and Rotary-wing aircraft in the Worldwide Aerospace and Defense industry. With 9 facilities in 7 international cities with nearly 200,000 square feet of sales and service facilities in the United States, Canada, Singapore and Australia, PAG uses its distinct business units and customer focused business model to serve aviation customers through two business functions – Aviation Supply Chain and its trademarked Inventory Supported Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul – ISMRO®.
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet