NHI celebrated today the 200th NH90 helicopter delivery. The 200th NH90, a TTH (Tactical Transport Helicopter) variant, was delivered officially to Belgian Defence and will be operated from Beauvechain Air Force Base by the 1st Wing. The handover ceremony took place during the annual NH90 Product Conference being held this year at the German Army Aviation School in Bückeburg, where the whole NH90 community of users and industry is gathered to share their experiences.
“In the name of NHI and its partner companies, I am really honoured to deliver this NH90 TTH to Belgium. With this versatile, safe and interoperable aircraft, NHI is proud to contribute to the enhancement of Belgian Defence capabilities”, said Vincent Dubrule, President of NHIndustries at the ceremony.
“This 200th delivery is the result of the efforts of industry to ramp up the delivery rate of the NH90 since this new generation helicopter is in high demand by its end users” Dubrule added.
“The NH90 program is now reaching its maturity phase with more than 50.000 flight hours logged in service in the most demanding conditions” declares Luigi Cereti, Managing Director of NHIndustries.
“The NH90 program is of great importance to Belgium as it will maintain our SAR service, provide an enlarged range of missions in support of the Navy and for the first time give us the ability to perform tactical troop transport missions. Furthermore, by joining this international program, Belgium is improving its helicopter interoperability” said Col Vandezande, Head of the NH90 program for Belgian Defence.
“The delivery of this third NH90 TTH today enables us to progress from initial training to the Operational Training and Evaluation phase” added Col Vandezande.
The NH90 Product Conference took place for the first time at the German Army Aviation School, Bückeburg, near Hanover.
“This School, with its 14 full flight mission simulators is the most modern Army Helicopter Training School in Europe, it is able to train pilots and crews on several types of new generation helicopters such as the NH90 and EC135” declares Col Baumgärtner Public Relations Officer of the Army Aviation School.
This facility will become the “International Helicopter training Centre” in July 2015 when it will start to train foreign military helicopter aircrews as well as continuing to train German flight and maintenance crews.
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large full composite airframe, its excellent power-to-weight ratio; and its wide range of role equipment. It features a multiple redundant Fly-by-Wire flight control system that reduces pilot workload while improving flight safety. The NH90 is offered in two main variants, one dedicated to naval operations, the NH90NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) and a Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) for land operations. As of today, 200 Naval and Tactical transport variants have been delivered. They are in service in Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece, Oman, Australia and New Zealand.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the Company owned by AgustaWestland (32%), Airbus Helicopters (62.5%), and Fokker (5.5%).
From left to right:
Col Vandezande, Begium Defence; Luigi Cereti, Managing Director of NHIndustries; Vincent Dubrule, President of NHIndustries
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Qatar NH90 helicopter programme marks major milestone with first flights
- Leonardo’s acoustic sub hunter technology adds dipping sonar in new demo
- Indra delivers the second NH90 simulator to the Spanish Armed Forces
- Bundeswehr orders 31 NH90 for shipborne operations
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces
- Royal Netherlands Air Force sends replacement NH90 to Curacao
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces