Paradigm Aerospace Corporation, a Metro Aviation Company, is now utilizing its second paint booth, which means more room to paint and faster completion times. The new Garmat booth utilizes improved airflow, fresh air recovery and increased lighting.
“Not only is this a second area to paint in, but it is also brighter and cleaner due to the increased air filtration,” said PAC Paint Manager, Bryan Fisher. “We are seeing faster dry times and an even higher quality finished product.”
The paint booth has a 3.0 million BTU furnace with baking capabilities. Both the booth and its adjacent mixing room are explosion proof and equipped with separate fire suppression units.
With the added paint booth, PAC can paint twice as many aircraft in a year. “We have rid ourselves of the bottleneck effect that comes from having just one paint booth,” said Fisher. He says the staff is looking forward to seeing the long-term results of the new equipment.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics