Aero Sekur presents expertise in flexible fuel tanks at Farnborough International Air Show. An advanced multi-layer construction for the company’s crashworthy, self-sealing tanks offers a number of advantages over metal designs: fatigue / weld failure are avoided, complex shapes can be produced and maximum use is made of available space.
As part of Aero Sekur’s focus on providing integrated safety systems for aerospace and defence, the company’s tanks benefit a range of civil and military airborne applications including helicopter installations and ultra-light aircraft. Prestigious aerospace applications include adoption across Agusta Westland 139, 169 and 189 helicopters.
Dedicated in house expertise, development and manufacturing facilities at Aero Sekur include leakage test pools, purpose built frames for high pressure leakage tests and a specialist device for ammonium leakage tests. Jigs and templates for dimensional control are also housed at Aero Sekur’s primary production plant in Italy.
Manufactured from rubber (nitrile/HNBR) and rubber-coated fabric (nylon/Kevlar/Mylar), a number of advantages are offered over polyutherane construction including dimensional fuel stability, higher strength and stronger seams.
The crashworthy tanks are proven in military helicopter service and comply with MIL-T-27422, MIL-DTL-27422 and FAR 27/29. Aero Sekur’s tank products are compatible with aviation fuels to MIL-G-5572 (gasoline) and MIL-T-5024 (turbine fuels).
Aero Sekur is a specialist supplier of safety systems and advanced flexible structures to the global aerospace and defense markets. The core competency of the business is the design and development of advanced engineered structures using flexible materials. Aero Sekur has produced flexible fuel tanks for more than 30 years.
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation