Norwich based aviation operator and service provider SaxonAir has announced the issue of their new rotary Air Operators Certificate (AOC). This latest development through approval from the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) will allow SaxonAir to expand their helicopter operations into new markets with the addition of further helicopters to deal with the demand being received.
SaxonAir have been operating its private jet fleet on their fixed-wing AOC for over seven years and in which time the aircraft fleet has expanded rapidly to include the growing development of private aircraft under management. SaxonAir’s rotary operations will trade under the name SaxonAir Helicopters having previously being carried out by the AOC of London Helicopter Centres.
SaxonAir Helicopters operates leisure and business charters, pleasure flights for the tourism industry across East Anglia and the Norfolk Broads, agricultural survey contracts, aerial filming and photography, as well as specialist tasks for the energy and renewables industry.
Anna Loake, pilot and head of ground operations says, ‘We have been operating helicopters at SaxonAir for several years now, but the addition of our own operating licence enables us to fully enhance business opportunities developing our scope and area of operations.’
SaxonAir Helicopters forms part of the Klyne Aviation Group, which includes private and business jet aviation specialists SaxonAir Charter, ground handling and offshore support business SaxonAir Flight Support and the newly formed SaxonAir Aircraft Sales.
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020