Norwich based aviation operator and service provider SaxonAir has announced the issue of their new rotary Air Operators Certificate (AOC). This latest development through approval from the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) will allow SaxonAir to expand their helicopter operations into new markets with the addition of further helicopters to deal with the demand being received.
SaxonAir have been operating its private jet fleet on their fixed-wing AOC for over seven years and in which time the aircraft fleet has expanded rapidly to include the growing development of private aircraft under management. SaxonAir’s rotary operations will trade under the name SaxonAir Helicopters having previously being carried out by the AOC of London Helicopter Centres.
SaxonAir Helicopters operates leisure and business charters, pleasure flights for the tourism industry across East Anglia and the Norfolk Broads, agricultural survey contracts, aerial filming and photography, as well as specialist tasks for the energy and renewables industry.
Anna Loake, pilot and head of ground operations says, ‘We have been operating helicopters at SaxonAir for several years now, but the addition of our own operating licence enables us to fully enhance business opportunities developing our scope and area of operations.’
SaxonAir Helicopters forms part of the Klyne Aviation Group, which includes private and business jet aviation specialists SaxonAir Charter, ground handling and offshore support business SaxonAir Flight Support and the newly formed SaxonAir Aircraft Sales.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year