Any loss of life in aviation accidents is always tragic and the safety of those who rely on offshore helicopter flights is therefore our absolute priority. In February we announced over 70 actions and recommendations to improve safety, primarily aimed at preventing accidents but also to improve survivability following an incident. These were widely welcomed by unions, helicopter operators, the oil and gas industry and Norwegian regulators and are bringing significant improvements in safety for those flying offshore in the UK and potentially worldwide.
The new CAA-led Offshore Helicopter Safety Action Group is ensuring operators and industry implement these changes as quickly as possible. Made up of the offshore helicopter operators, oil and gas industry and offshore workforce and pilot representatives, it has already overseen the approval of a new significantly enhanced underwater emergency breathing system for offshore workers. This new system will be rolled out across the UK offshore industry this summer and autumn with accompanying training.
The CAA will ensure that safety improvements to UK offshore helicopter operations continue to be implemented as a priority.
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- 02-Dec-20 VH-HGU Robinson R44 Marulan South, Australia (2F)