Metro Aviation recently completed and delivered a new EC145 for Boston MedFlight, a critical care transport service in New England. This is the second EC145 that Metro has completed for Boston MedFlight.
“We are excited to receive our second Airbus EC145 after its completion from Metro Aviation. This gives us the youngest operating fleet in our region, which provides us with access to the latest and greatest in technology, airframe, and safety enhancements available in the industry,” said Charles Blathras, Chief Operations Manager for Boston MedFlight.
“The quality of work that Metro produces was quite evident with the delivery of our first EC145 last year. Our crews were extremely impressed with the overall design and functionality of the aircraft that we made very few design changes and improvements with the completion of the second aircraft,” he said.
Boston MedFlight’s EC145 includes the Metro Aviation EMS kit, Stryker MX Pro Litter, medical seating for three and a variety of other custom features. It is also equipped with North Flight Data Systems’ Light Aircraft Recording System (LARS), Metro Aviation STC Super Night Scanner, and a SX5 Mini Night Sun.
Boston MedFlight provides the highest level of care to more than 2,700 patients a year, and their mission includes a varied patient population and unique logistics. “It’s not easy to design a platform that provides critical care transport for every conceivable scenario that we face,” said Blathras. “The staff at Metro collaborated with us to meet those challenges and produce innovative solutions that meet our needs in delivering this superior aircraft. We are happy to be part of the Metro family of customers and share their approach to providing safe, quality care in our industry.”
The new EC145 replaces the program’s last BK117, which will now serve as a backup aircraft. Boston MedFlight’s fleet also includes an S76, a King Air 200 and several ground vehicles.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment