The Post-Standard news outlet, based in the city of Syracuse in New York State, is reporting that the State Police will consolidate their aviation operations as early as this Wednesday. Units in Syracuse and Batavia will be moved to Rochester, leaving the other two bases at Albany and Saranac Lake untouched – coincidentally the only two that provide support for Department of Environmental Conservation missions as well as aerial fire suppression missions.
No employees will lose their jobs as a result of the move, state police said.
New York State Police operate three Bell 430s, one Bell 407 and four UH-1Hs.
William P Johnson – HeliHub.com US correspondent
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- Kenyan Air Force receives first six MD530Fs
- VFS Leads eVTOL Efforts at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients
- MINT Turbines Announces Launch of Redesigned Website
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020