AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that HeliStar SA of Turkey, owned by Kaan Air and Air Methods, will operate three AW119Ke single engine helicopters plus a same type back-up aircraft to perform electricity infrastructure aerial monitoring for Teias (Turkish Electricity Transmission Company).
The AW119Ke helicopters have been specially configured to carry out this mission and are fitted with an enhanced FLIR and camera integrated with an advanced multiple-display mission console in the cabin. Thanks to the unmatched performance, payload and cabin space in the single engine category as well as main system redundancy typical of multiengine types, the AW119Ke allows HeliStar’s crews to perform the task with outstanding levels of comfort and safety in the most demanding environmental conditions.
The selection of the AW119Ke by Teias is the latest success for Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland helicopters in the aerial work sector and supporting energy industries worldwide. This success is also the result of the strong partnership between AgustaWestland and HeliStar and their commitment to provide tailored solutions to meet the customer’s specific requirements.
The AW119 offers outstanding performance, cabin space, safety and comfort normally only available with twin-engine types. Up to six passengers can be seated in the main cabin with easy access via a large sliding door on each side of the aircraft. A large baggage bay is located behind the main cabin. Nearly 240 AW119 helicopters have been sold in more than 30 countries to over 110 customers.
The AW119 is a top-of-the-range helicopter in the single engine market and has excellent performance. The helicopter, with a maximum gross weight of 2,850 kg (6,928 lb), is powered by a Pratt & Whitney PT6B-37A engine that is rated at 1002 shp (747 kW) for take-off, delivering exceptional performance in hot and high conditions as well as a class leading maximum cruise speed of 152 knots (282 km/h). The AW119 is perfectly suited to perform many tasks including aerial work and utility, VIP/corporate transport, firefighting, EMS, offshore transport, law enforcement and government duties.
AgustaWestland has a significant presence in the Turkish commercial helicopter market where the company has already sold more than 30 helicopters from its range of commercial products including the AW119, AW109 Power, Grand/GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and most recently the AW189. These helicopters have achieved great success in the VIP/corporate and passenger transport, emergency medical service and aerial work market segments.
- SAFE delivers AW119 maintenance stands to NY Dept of Environmental Protection
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey