L-3 WESCAM announced today that the demand for its MX™-10 and MX™-15 [pictured] electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) systems within the Airborne Law Enforcement (ALE) market continues to grow in support of critical surveillance missions worldwide, with recent sales to customers in Algeria, Australia, Canada, Korea and the United States, including Puerto Rico. The two systems will be demonstrated at the Farnborough International Airshow, July 14–18, and at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) EXPO, July 16–19 in Phoenix, Ariz.
“The requirement for medium- to low-altitude tactical mission systems in the ALE market has resulted in over 83 agencies utilizing the MX-10 and MX-15 systems across 22 countries,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “Engineered to meet cost, capability and suitability needs, our systems are designed for all classes of law enforcement airframes and mission portfolios.”
The technologies within L-3 WESCAM’s imaging systems deliver highly detailed imagery and provide customers with clear sighting capabilities across the visible and infrared spectrums.
L-3 WESCAM Experiences Ongoing Strong Demand for Sensors in ALE Market
Simultaneous real-time image enhancement on all sensors has led to improved feature detection and recognition, and L-3’s MX™-GEO suite accurately determines a subject’s geographical location, providing ease-of-use tracking assistance.
Furthermore, the recently launched Kinetic™ suite aids operators in gaining an accurate indication of the speed at which ground vehicles are traveling and can detect multiple moving targets in an image stream.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2013 sales of $12.6 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee