L-3 WESCAM announced today that the demand for its MX™-10 and MX™-15 [pictured] electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) systems within the Airborne Law Enforcement (ALE) market continues to grow in support of critical surveillance missions worldwide, with recent sales to customers in Algeria, Australia, Canada, Korea and the United States, including Puerto Rico. The two systems will be demonstrated at the Farnborough International Airshow, July 14–18, and at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) EXPO, July 16–19 in Phoenix, Ariz.
“The requirement for medium- to low-altitude tactical mission systems in the ALE market has resulted in over 83 agencies utilizing the MX-10 and MX-15 systems across 22 countries,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “Engineered to meet cost, capability and suitability needs, our systems are designed for all classes of law enforcement airframes and mission portfolios.”
The technologies within L-3 WESCAM’s imaging systems deliver highly detailed imagery and provide customers with clear sighting capabilities across the visible and infrared spectrums.
L-3 WESCAM Experiences Ongoing Strong Demand for Sensors in ALE Market
Simultaneous real-time image enhancement on all sensors has led to improved feature detection and recognition, and L-3’s MX™-GEO suite accurately determines a subject’s geographical location, providing ease-of-use tracking assistance.
Furthermore, the recently launched Kinetic™ suite aids operators in gaining an accurate indication of the speed at which ground vehicles are traveling and can detect multiple moving targets in an image stream.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2013 sales of $12.6 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment