AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that Elitaliana has signed a preliminary sales contract for two AW109 Trekker light twin engine helicopters. Ordered in Emergency Medical Service configuration, the AW109 Trekkers will support Elitaliana’s expansion plans which includes operating from new bases in Italy and abroad, in addition to the ones already located in the Lazio and Calabria regions of Italy. Deliveries are scheduled to start in 2016.
The contract marks the entrance of the new AW109 Trekker into the HEMS market as well as into the European helicopter market and confirms customer’s confidence in this model, the latest addition to the unequalled range of AgustaWestland light twin engine helicopters. Elitaliana is already an established operator of the AW109 Power and Grand light twins and has also ordered the new generation AW169. This contract for two AW109 Trekkers and earlier contracts for six AW169 helicopters support Elitaliana’s strategy to bring into service the latest available technology to enhance the capabilities and cost effectiveness of their fleet.
“We choose to confirm our long term relationship with AgustaWestland and we’re proud to be the launch customer for a HEMS equipped variant of the AW109 Trekker” said Alessandro Giulivi, Elitaliana’s Operations Director. He added “The new helicopters will support Elitaliana’s expansion plans in Italy and Europe as well as keeping our fleet up to date with a brand new generation of rotorcraft.”
Unveiled at Heli-Expo in March 2014, the AW109 Trekker is the latest addition to Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland’s portfolio of class leading light twin-engine helicopters, the first to offer skid landing gear. With a maximum take-off weight of 3,175 kg (7,000 lb) and 3,200 kg (7,055 lb) with external loads and over 1,500 kg (3,306 lb) of useful load together with a class leading cruise speed (Vne) of 160 knots (296 km/h) the AW109 Trekker can claim to have the highest productivity in the light twin turbine helicopter market segment with highly competitive operating costs.
The AW109 Trekker is equipped with a state-of-the-art Garmin G1000HTM glass cockpit. Power is provided by two FADEC equipped Pratt & Whitney Canada PW207C engines.
Developed to provide the perfect solution for utility and aerial work operations, the AW109 Trekker maintains the same characteristics of high productivity, excellent flying qualities, high controllability and maneuverability, robustness and high inherent safety of Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland’s other light twin helicopters. The spacious cabin, the same size as the Grand & GrandNew, can accommodate up to six passengers or one stretcher with three or four medical attendants or two stretchers and two medical attendants. The AW109 Trekker can be easily configured for a wide range of roles and is the ideal solution for EMS, utility, SAR, law enforcement, surveillance and passenger transport applications.
Established in 1964, Elitaliana has an unequalled record of continued helicopter operations in Italy. In addition to 24 hour a day emergency medical services, its missions also include SAR, utility and passenger transport performed by two AW109 Power and four Grand light twin helicopters. In 2011 and 2013 Elitaliana also signed preliminary sales contracts for a total of six new generation AW169 4.5 ton class light intermediate helicopters.
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile