AgustaWestland today signed a protocol for extending and increasing co-operation relating to Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of dynamic components (including various gear boxes) for the NH90 helicopter and a range of AgustaWestland helicopters. The protocol is an overarching agreement outlining the intentions of making KONGSBERG a Centre of Excellence for MRO of dynamic components in Northern Europe.Key elements of the agreement are related to the transfer of technology that includes the establishment of advanced test equipment that will enable the full functional testing of gear boxes at KONGSBERG in Norway.
Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland and KONGSBERG have maintained a solid business relationship for more than 25 years. The extended co-operation confirmed by the signing of today’s Protocol represents for KONGSBERG potential revenues of €20-25 million per year for the next 25 years.
This agreement with KONGSBERG will enable Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland to satisfy its Industrial Participation requirements in Norway and the other Nordic countries for NH90, and will be a major part of its support solution for the AW101 Norwegian All-Weather SAR Helicopter (NAWSARH) contract.In December last year, Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland signed an Agreement with the Norwegian Ministry of Justice and Public Security for the supply of 16 (plus options for 6 more) AW101 search and rescue helicopters.
“We are excited that we can grow our helicopter MRO business together with AgustaWestland as a valued partner and we will establish gear box testing capabilities in KONGSBERG”, said Harald Ånnestad,Kongsberg Defence Systems President.
Kongsberg Gruppen (OSE-ticker: KOG) is an international, knowledge-based group delivering high technological systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace. KONGSBERG has roughly 7 500 employees located in more than 25 countries with total revenues of NOK 16.3 billion in 2013.
This information is subject to disclosure requirements pursuant to §5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.
Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland is a world leader in the commercial and military helicopter markets around the world and offers an unrivalled range of helicopters, training and support solutions to satisfy customer’s mission requirements. AgustaWestland’s main facilities are located in Italy, United Kingdom, Poland and the United States of America.
- 06-Nov-19 MM81487 Leonardo AW101 Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy
- 380 mln EUR contract for maritime multirole helicopters with the Polish Ministry of National Defense
- Polish Ministry of National Defence signs Agreement for AW101
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase